Friday, December 17, 2010

You always remember your first!

We finished our first order to a true client...a non-friend, non-relative, order.  She found us at the art bazaar and wanted a collage block for her sister of her dog.  We met so many people the day of the bazaar, we had no idea who she was.  We sent many emails back and forth but unfortunately never actually got to meet her again.  While we worked on the art, we speculated on who she was.  Obviously the ones that seemed most interested were our guesses....but who knew.   She picked up her piece while I was running an errand so my husband got to do the honors.  When I got home the piece was gone, the report was simply that she picked it up.  We fretted.  Did she like it?  Was it what she expected?  Did she want something more?  What did she look like?  Was she nice?  Did she seem like the type that would be effusive if she liked it?  My husband just looked at us blankly.  We were being silly, we knew.  It was just a collage block of somebody's dog, not real art.  Not a big deal.  It's just that it was our first and it was so anonymous.  

And then we got this email...


"It is freakin fantastic!!!! I brought into the bar with me tonight to show everyone. I am so extremely happy with it; I cannot wait to give it to my sister. Thank you so very much!! I will be spreading your name whenever I get a chance.

Have a very festive holiday season!"

We high-fived and danced about.  She likes it!  No, I think she loves it! Not just one exclamation but four exclamation marks! Not just fantastic but freakin' fantastic!    We read it to my husband.  He took a big breath and said "phew".  He said he was worried but didn't want to tell us.  She took it and sat in her car for 10 minutes before driving off.  He was worried but didn't want us to know he was concerned.  Good call.

We'll always remember our first client and that she was happy with the piece!  Thank you for the email.

No comments:

Post a Comment